Qu-16 transportation???

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-16 transportation???

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of higradeguy higradeguy 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of higradeguy
    higradeguy
    Participant

Hey Folks,

I finally took the plunge with a Qu-16 and was wondering what everyone is using for cases. Are you finding it easier to go the mixer only route or a full mixer/rack combo? I know there are some great options from Gator, Swan, SKB and others. Any ideas or images would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

I went Gator, very happy with it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    higradeguy
    Participant

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. That looks great. Is that the model with the wheels on it or something else? Is that a notched out panel in the back of the unit?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I have a full flight case, retrospectively I wouldn’t have a dogbox though..

I invert the base of the case onto a keyboard stand, and pop the QU on that….

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I have a Gator GMIX-12PU-TSA which is very rugged, while being lightweight too.

hobsound
    Participant

No wheels, but has the notch panel in the back so you can feed cables through it.
    I also had a cover made so I can cover the console in the case when I am at gigs and worried about people either touching the board or spilling stuff on it.

higradeguy
    Participant

Hey Rob,

Do you know the model number of the Gator case you purchased. I thought it was the G-Tour SLMX12 and ordered it but it is definitely not the one in the pic. Any help would be appreciated.

hobsound
    Participant

Yes, that is the one I have, G-TOUR-SLMX12.
    What doesn’t look right to you?

higradeguy
    Participant

Two things are different which makes me wonder if Gator changed the case. First off the size of the new one I received is different from the published specs they have on their site. They have the case with a length (depth) of 25.5 inches but the one I received is actually 29.5 inches. Next it does not have the removable hatch in the back like the one you pictured above. If you look at the pic I have included you can see the huge amount of space behind the mixer now. It makes me shudder to think what the SLMX14 looks like.

Attachments:
    hobsound
    Participant

Whoa, I see what you mean. That is different than the one I have for sure.
    The amount of space behind the mixer is way deeper, see my pic.
    Have you spoken to anyone at Gator about this?

Attachments:
    higradeguy
    Participant

I talked with Gator this morning. Apparently they have updated the case to the new size and removed the rear portal. They no longer make the one like yours. I can look for old stock with dealers. I really like the look of the case but may just go the audiopile route. It’s basically the same case minus the rear hatch and is less than half the price. Decisions Decisions…

Audiopile Case

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.