Protected Scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Protected Scenes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SpicerBob SpicerBob 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

Hi All,
    So new I don’t even have my SQ5 yet and I’m struggling to understand some of the many clever things you can do with this desk.
    My question is: Can I (as administrator) set up certain scenes that other users can recall but not modify. They would then go on to store their working version of that scene elsewhere leaving the original ‘master’ scene untouched.
    There are so many options around user rights etc so I think it might be possible, but I would really appreciate a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

With SQ you can assign users BLOCKS of scenes from X to Y. Within that block they have the same access to all of those scenes. They have no access to other scenes which are outside of their block.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

You can assign an automatic scene recall on user login, to give them a default scene to work with. It’s also possible to assign specific scene recall to soft keys – I have our desk set up with three standard starter scenes on soft keys, but most users cannot access those through the scene manager page, so they can’t overwrite them.

Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

Thanks Mark, I hadn’t realised that the recall via soft keys wasn’t restricted even if those users were locked out of those scenes. That’s a neat work round.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.