Outdoor Use

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Outdoor Use

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

G’day,

Has anybody used a Qu16 outdoors?
    I’m considering buying a Qu16 or a ZED420 and I’m having a hard time deciding.
    One of the big considerations is I do a lot of outdoor gigs, the kind where you’re set up outdoors in full sun.
    The screen and button LED’s on most digital consoles have me worried that they wont be visible in the sun (ever tried using a smart phone outdoors at midday?)

If visibility of the screen and interface is going to be an issue, I’ll go with the analogue mixer…

Cheers

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Brendon,

Never used my QU-16 outdoors, but you can turn up or down the brightness of all the LED’s and touch screen to make viewing better. In dark areas when turned up to max it can be quite dazzling on the eyes.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Thanks

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I tried to use a presonus studiolive outdoors once, couldn’t see what I was doing with it. Ended up having to mix under a sheet of cardboard that I found stashed under the portable stage…
    I’m hoping that the QU-16 would be bright enough to use outside but if it isn’t it’s going to be a big problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.