Mute outputs when powering up

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Mute outputs when powering up

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Spyros Spyros 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clebs
    Clebs
    Participant

Hi,

With analog mixers, I usually set every outputs to the lowest mixer levels before powering on the mixer. This to prevent any unwanted sound “mess” when powering up.

With CQ startup, all output levels are immediatly restored to their last levels before shutdown, with no way to mute outputs before powering on. When CQ boot it is started with the “home” display, with no direct way to mute outputs.

A global option causing the outputs to start muted could be helpfull.

Regards

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

+1
    At least Main L/R fader should be Off by default at startup like many other digital consoles.
    An option to start from fader page at boot up should be available also.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I always softkey “mute all” before I switch it off then it resumes in that state😀

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

what @robbocurry says!

You could also mute all channels inc FOH and save it as part of your scene, that way when booting up the system will always be muted.

Profile photo of Clebs
    Clebs
    Participant

I agree outputs can be muted before shutdown, saved as a scene or not, but what I have in mind is a shared use between several people (or a hurry guy like me…), where you don’t know what was the setting the previous user left in the mixer.

I also agree that levels can be lowered on the FOH itself, but I think starting with everything muted could be more convenient.

Maybe not as an option that may be overwritten by the previous user, but as a trick like holding down one the buttons when powering on.

willmodelisme
    Participant

Saving a scene all muted is NOT the solution as the CQ load the last state of the console at boot up, not the scene.
    Master fader down at boot up is a safe and common practice in digital mixer world and should be implemented at first stage.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

> Master fader down at boot up is a safe and common practice in digital mixer world and should be implemented at first stage.

I dont know any digital mixer that does that (Behringer, Yamaha, A&H, Midas).

Best Regards,
    Tobias

willmodelisme
    Participant

Midas and Behringer: SETUP/CONFIG/SafeMainLvls.

This option is activated by default and put the Main fader down at startup.
    Coming from analog world this option make a lot of sense, always turn mixer volume down before starting, there is always a risk for speaker.
    Believe me when I plug my console to a set of speakers that are no mine (already equipped theater for exemple), I think twice before switching up.

Profile photo of Spyros
    Spyros
    Participant

+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.