Multiple FX/serial processing

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Multiple FX/serial processing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of peterlanders peterlanders 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ilya
    Ilya
    Participant

Hey everybody,

The church I’m helping at has an SQ6 with the de-esser plugin purchased. The main sound guy and I have been trying to figure out how to run a channel through more than one effect at a time serially. For example, using the de-esser followed by the reverb. After consulting the manual and checking chapter 10, I’m still not sure how you would set up the routing for the output of one effect to enter the input of another to chain them together, or if the Direct Out can be sent to the FX engine. Is this something the matrix could be used for? We’re looking for some kind of signal path that could be used to stack FX together.

Thanks!

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

I’m thinking you just need to bring up the de-esser FX return in the mix of the FX send with the reverb.

So if the de-esser is on FX rack 1 and the reverb is on rack 2, you would press the FX 1 mix button, and bring up any channels you want to apply the de-esser to.

Then, press FX 2 and bring up the fader for FX 1 Return. That’ll feed the output of FX 1 into FX 2.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.