Moving Scenes from One QU to Another

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Moving Scenes from One QU to Another

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I was always under the impression that scenes, show files or libraries that were saved on say a QU-16, could then be loaded up on any of the other QU devices, obviously if it was a QU-24 or 32 it would be minus the extra channel count.

This has happened to me twice, the first time was when I first purchased a QU-24, I inserted my USB stick containing all my QU-16 files and although you could see them on the screen, the QU wouldn’t allow me to transfer them from the USB drive and load them up within the QU.

So last night I took charge of another QU-16 and before going through with the sale I performed a master reset and the proceeded to load up my scenes that were saved on my QU-16 of 3yrs, as above, you could see them on the USB drive but unable to move them across to the QU for loading up. However, I plugged in my HDD that contains multi-track recordings of gigs and they worked just fine.

I even formatted another USB stick within the QU and then copied QU files from one drive to another using my PC to see if that would cure it, no difference.

My QU-16 is one of the first off the UK assembly line that I bought back in January 2014, all the other QU’s I have purchased are from the later made in the Far East batch. I wouldn’t think this would make any difference?

Regards

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure that the files are intact? Normally this should work without problems, since the data format is same across all Qu models. Maybe firmware version may make a difference if restoring from a very old version.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

All desks in question and especially the latest one are all using the current firmware.

Proof will be in the pudding when I get around to purchasing the QU-SB, hopefully I won’t have to manually enter all my settings again.

Pity I don’t know anyone local to me with a QU to see if my scenes load up without any trouble.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Define ‘local to me’ and there might be someone hiding in the woodwork 😉

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Bob,

I should have said that I am based nr Preston, Lancashire, UK. 🙂

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Feel free to post me a USB stick and I’ll check with my QU16…
    (Probably best PM me for an address 😉 )

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Also, I could upload some scenes to a Dropbox folder for you to download?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have just uploaded 9 or 10 scenes to a folder within my Dropbox account.

All the scenes are pretty much the same apart from slightly different individual eq settings as these scenes are from different venues.

Let me know how you get on.

🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aq265e59tkgl6tm/AAB72G2P9alMdk7J2igWaVr6a?dl=0

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I could import your sence without issues on my Qu32. At least I see the names, have moving faders and can play with your mute-groups.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

How strange, I can see the files on the USB drive when plugged into my spare QU-16 but won’t let me transfer them from the stick to the desk.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you try a freshly Qu-formatted stick?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I formatted a USB stick using the QU’s formatting facility then transferred scenes from my normal stick to the formatted one via my laptop.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hence my ‘post a stick’ thought – it means that everything is the same.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I transfer scenes, shows, library settings from my QU 16 to my QU PAC and vice versa all the time without any issues. Ironically I use non-approved sticks – Toshiba simply because I already owned them ( I do use Sandisk Extreme for recordings) yet I have had no problems at all.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Possible variables may include:

Firmware versions.

Initial file somehow corrupt or created on partially compromised firmware.

File folder anomaly?

What USB media are you using?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.