More FX for CQ12!

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions More FX for CQ12!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tony Tony 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I’d love to buy a CQ12 for sheer handiness (not that I really need it) but put off by it losing two FX units compared to its siblings.
    I can cope without the built in WiFi and other deletions but need the fx.
    Is it the same hardware underneath – is this just for marketing purposes they’ve been deleted?
    Seems these are the only units left in stock right now……

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant
    robbocurry
    Participant

Thanks Lee,
    It’s the CQ18 that seems to be out of stock everywhere though:(

CQ12 a strong contender to replace a mini half rack setup I have with Flow8 and two Sennheiser receivers I just built – for gigs where a QU-pac is too big!! (groan)

Curious to hear the rev/delay combo effect – might make having two less FX units less of an issue as they’re always my first two FX.
    (Drum verb on 3 and ADT on 4 FYI)

Going off topic here but:
    Is the CQ20 doing anything for you that your QU-SB isn’t?
    I know it has some great new features – and you haven’t had a lot of time with it – but does the 96k or FX or anything else make it a “must have”?
    The demo software on iPad quite different to QU-Pad, some features not on the demo I presume?
    I’m also going to mock up the sizes to get an idea of just how much smaller they are than QU-pac/sb or my mini Sen Flow rack.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@robbocurry

I suppose there are plus & minuses between the two. What I liked about the CQ was it’s small form factor, built in wifi and the FBA amongst other thing’s such as 96k for multitrack purposes.

I doubt the audience can tell if it is 48 or 96k. I wasn’t overly sure about the reverb as I found it quite metallic sounding. But since I have had a look through the user guide I hadn’t realised that there are other FX other than the 4 on view. So I will try the space verb this week as that may be better and more suited.

I did like the ability to set all channel gains at once, but not so keen on the gain assist on vox’s. I have now disabled that. Best kept for instruments.

Getting back to its small footprint, I can place it at the side or behind the drum kit and connect all drum mics direct without the need of using my drum snake. Plus, you hardly notice it from the audience’s perspective. It is also light compared to my shallow 8u rack box containing my QUSB, AB168, router and power board. That will be used for PA hire were more channels are required.

But I think the more that I use it the better the experience will be. I had no use for the 18T as the screen would be wasted.

The app seems rock solid, but a new iPad is probably on the cards as I am using a 2014 iPad Air 2.

I will keep you updated on how this weekend’s shows go.

robbocurry
    Participant

Good man – thank you for your insight!👍🏻🙏🏻😃

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Just to answer the OP and clarify – No, the CQ-12T does not have the same processing power, so it’s not that we just removed 2 FX Units to be mean!

robbocurry
    Participant

😂👍🏻
    Thanks for the update Keith!

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

What are the two fx engines that come with the 12t please. Still waiting for delivery of mine. Can anyone suggest a ex router for the wi fi please. Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.