More flexibility with stereo inputs/fx returns

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More flexibility with stereo inputs/fx returns

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutersnoei woutersnoei 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Hi,

Working with the SQ for a while now, I would very much welcome more flexibility with stereo channels, such as stereo inputs and fx returns. To me it would be very useful to be able to:

– switch to dual-mono compression
    – when assigning to a mono aux being able to choose if a sum or only left or right goes to the aux, or perhaps a balance control for the mix between left and right in those cases.
    – when assigning to a mono group; choose between sum, L or R.

Would (some of) these things be possible?

Cheers & thanks,
    Wouter

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

With ganging, all of these can be accomplished.

Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Perhaps for inputs, provided that you use a gang for each stereo pair, but also for stereo effect returns? I know it may be a rare use case, but I already stumbled upon it twice in the short time that I own this thing..

Btw; one thing I found out about ganging, is that a channel can only be in one gang at a time, even if different gangs use different features (let’s say one gang for eq’s and one gang for levels). So if I have to create gangs for stereo inputs, they can’t be ganged with other channels anymore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.