Mix button won't also select PAFL

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mix button won't also select PAFL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 4 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

Try as I might, I cannot get the blue mix buttons to select the mix, but also PAFL the bus. I’m aware of the PAFL settings page options: am I missing something? As you’d imagine I’m working with multiple monitor mixes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

PAFL defaults to whichever blue button is pressed (usually LR) but any channel with PAFL on will take priority. So make sure you turn off any channel PAFLs.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

The console can’t know on its own that you want to listen to a mix instead of a channel.
    So you have to select the mix you want to listen to.
    From then on, it will follow your mixes – until you decide you want to listen to inputs again.
    But: You have selected additive mode!
    This means you can also hear several mixes at the same time.
    If you now select a mix, the console cannot decide whether to add or subtract this PAFL from the mixes you want to hear.
    So to get the functionality you want, you would have to forego additive mode.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

I have to add/correct something again:
    You can continue to use the additive mode (if you really need it).
    The only important thing is that you select once via Mix Select that you want to listen to this mix now.
    This will also ignore the addition of sources already heard and PAFL will now follow the selected mixes again.
    However, in additive mode the selection becomes very confusing, as sources could be set to PAFL that you cannot currently see.
    It is therefore highly recommended to set up a PAFL clear softkey that lights up as long as PAFL is selected somewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.