MIDI Program Change on Director

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions MIDI Program Change on Director

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of daneem
    daneem
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m Daniel from Argentina en this is my first topic.
    I work as a playback engineer and at the time I managed to change the current scene on differents Surfaces on a TCP Lan network. That works great.

Now I’m working in a project that does not have the chance to work with surfaces, instead they work with laptops and dlive Director.
    So, when I try to change the current scene on that laptop, the same way that with surface, that doesn’t work.

The full system is:
    Laptop with cubase sending MIDI message (Program change, Go message) trough Allen & Heath MIDI control (connected to the laptop thas has director working) -> wired lan network -> laptop with director

Another thing that I don’t understand is that on Director logs I can see the message sent from Playback laptop, but nothing happens.

Does anyone have a clue where the problem can be?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of petter
    petter
    Participant

I am not 100 % sure, but I think you have to connect the lan network from the Cubase laptop and into the dLive mixrack instead of the director laptop.

Petter

Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo
    Mathias Thunbo
    Participant

Hi

@Petter
    The Cubase laptop, the Mixrack network, and the Director laptop should all be on the same network, I would say.

@daneem
    In Director: Try going to Utility > Control > MIDI and check you are on the right MIDI channels.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I am not sure, but I think that the TCP MIDI messages need to be addressed to the Mix Rack, not the surface (director acts like a surface in this case).

I have also observed that when using surface roles, the mix rack does not send program change messages when scenes are recalled, and it ignores them when they are received.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.