Learning Curve CQ20

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Learning Curve CQ20

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

My CQ20 arrives today, and we have a Gig in two days time. I am migrating from the Soundcraft Ui16, so how long would you want to become familiar with the mixer before you used it live?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

All depends on the the individual.

For example, when I first purchased the QU16 in 2014, I set up the mixer in the house and spent a week getting to know my way around it before I took it out on the road. With the CQ-20B, I purchased it on the Monday, had a band rehearsal on the Tuesday and used that time to set it up before using it for its maiden voyage on the Saturday and Sunday. With using a digital mixer, especially an A&H over many years, you get to know the layouts pretty well aiding in being able to jump straight in without too much trouble.

Even now I still find the stock app awkward to navigate around compared to the QU and SQ app.

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

I am gradually finding my way around the app’s user interface. At the moment I still think the browser control of my old mixer (Ui16) is easier to navigate, but when you have been used it for so long it does become second nature.

I do like that it is smaller and lighter and more suited to stage box use, the user interface is also clearer, less cluttered so’ as long as you are on the correct screen, it is easy.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Take a look at the Mixing Station app as you may find that it is far easier to work with, plus, you can customise it to suit your own needs. Something you cannot do with the A&H app.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.