IP8 “View” Key Functionality

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions IP8 “View” Key Functionality

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

On an IP8, by default the “view” key is just a momentary switch that shows a channel’s number instead of its name. I’m sure this is useful to someone, but it’s not to me. Is there a way to make it do anything useful? What I’d love is for it to activate an “alt-mode” for the channel strip softkeys so that I can have Mute, PAFL, and Select buttons for each channel, but I can’t figure out how. I suppose I could make two scenes with the softkey assignments switched around and use the view key to switch between them, but then it’s not a momentary switch anymore. Am I missing something or is there no way to make it do what I want it to do?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

This button is programmable like all the others on a IP8. What you want to achieve is doable using two scenes, that change the layout of the IP8. If you, by “momentary”, mean a unlatched function, then no, this is not possible. Although this would be a cool feature, like many others on the crippled down functionality of IP controllers.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Yeah, I was hoping there’d be some momentary (unlatched, as you call it) functionality. The default behavior is momentary so the firmware is aware of the concept — it just doesn’t do anything I find to be useful.

I guess I’ll go make a post in the suggestions forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.