Inputs to Matrices

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Inputs to Matrices

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Edoardo Edoardo 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

It would be nice to send inputs directly to matrices. I have my console setup as groups that route to matrices. However, there are certain inputs that don’t need to go into a group and would benefit from just going directly to a matrix.

Profile photo of Edoardo
    Edoardo
    Participant

That’s been asked for a long time, I’m also waiting for that to happen in the future. In the meantime I’ve found a backup plan, and I can’t use groups or auxes since my SQ is often fully used. I set all my TB mics to be on a direct-out as post-fader, and take them off my LR. Then I have built a couple of cables that have 4xfemale XLR plugs all going into a single male XLR plug. I can then use 4 local outputs to send 4 channels of crew TB mics back into an input and set that input as the “mix ext in” on a matrix. The voluem of the faders of the single channels will allow me to mix the volumes going back into the matrix, it’s not great but it works. I also have a Z cable that allows me to join two of those “analog summing cables” making it able to have 8 channels of crew all flowing into one matrix. Not the best option, but it works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.