How do I mute the effects on the CQ20B

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions How do I mute the effects on the CQ20B

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kueppers
    kueppers
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t want to have any effects for an announcement during a performance, i.e. verb, echo and delay should be muted. How do I achieve this with the CQ20B? I have not found an option for the foot switch. Is also one of the three software buttons suitable for this?

Regards
    Kueppers

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, there is a mute all FX option for the soft keys which I believe is also a foot switch action. You can also mute individual FX channels the same way.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Are the three soft key buttons available on CQ mix on the CQ 20 – assign one to FX mute?
    Also you should be able to assign the footswitch to do the same.
    Config/control&network/footwitch

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, soft keys are visible in the app for CQ 20 and can do mute all fx. Should be able to assign to the footswitch too but I don’t have it in front me right now.

robbocurry
    Participant

@mfusa Sorry I must have been writing that last message the same time as you!πŸ˜ƒ

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

πŸ˜€ all good. Have a great day

Profile photo of kueppers
    kueppers
    Participant

Thank you all, it worked. Both with softkey and foot switch.
    Should special footswitches be used for digital mixing consoles? If yes, do you have a favorite one?
    Is it possible to operate footswitches wirelessly?.
    I would prefer a footswitch that shows me via LED that it is on when I press it.

Sincerely
    Kueppers

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

No specific or special footsitch needed.
    It is either Mono (TS) or Dual (TRS) ¼” Jack.
    By definition, any relay based remote can control the footswitch wirelessly, with one or 2 relay.
    I have no commercial ref for that, but adaptation of a simple DIY circuit must be easy.
    Adding led can be done also with extra power for the led.

robbocurry
    Participant

I use a cheap dual foot switch I bought from Amazon for fx mute and tap tempo – I just use the lights on the soft keys as status indicators:)
    The unit works with momentary or latching switches or a mixture of both. Momentary def better for tap tempo!πŸ˜ƒ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.