file naming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions file naming

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of franky03 franky03 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of franky03
    franky03
    Participant

Hello,

I would love to buy this mixer, specifically for recording without a computer, but one thing bugs me the most: the inability to name the multitrack recordings and their tracks.

Can this be considered in a future firmware update?
    Is this even possible with the OS running your boards?

Thank you for your time…

franky03

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Again: There’s nothing wrong with keeping a traditional track sheet with paper and pencil. It’s actually better than trying to label everything in the machine.

Profile photo of franky03
    franky03
    Participant

Hello and thank you for reply Dick 🙂

I hear you when you speak about the pencil :p
    But the thing is: as soon as the shoot is finished I hand out the recordings for them to be synced in post-production with the cameras, with timecode. A clap and a naming convention are the failsafe methods.

I dont want to carry a laptop, I dont want to do transfers.

Mixers/recorders like Sound Devices and Zaxcom incorporate metadata where we can name the scene, shot and take number. This is the professional way of doing things these days in production sound.

AFAIK you guys are already naming the tracks on the mixer… dont you find it a bummer that these names are not carried thru the recording?

Regards,

franky03

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.