ducker or side chain

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions ducker or side chain

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of snugsound snugsound 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KDLAUDIO
    KDLAUDIO
    Participant

Hello
    i do corporate AV and one feature that would be amazing would be the ability to have a side chain or ducker on a music channel from a microphone. It never fail, in the wild you are playing back ground music over a meal or break ( and the AV tech needs those from time to time) and someone comes up to the mic to make an announcement. it would be amazing for the music to reduce while the speaking and then ramp up when they stop, it doesn’t have to be on all channels, just a couple.

Thank you for taking my suggestion, let me know if you have any questions.

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

At present you need SQ range or higher for DUCKER function on compression.

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Actually Qu range also has ducker, so CQ is only range without, if we keep asking it could happen. Bearing in mind how many improvements have been added in V1.2

Profile photo of Bassman74
    Bassman74
    Participant

+1 for a ducking function, as I also want to talk over a playback on AV shows

In principle, you could use the AMM feature to build a ducking function.
    The most universal approach would be to add a sidechain to the compressor and the gate 😉

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

+1 Yes, but probably it would be better to add sidechain to compressor and gate. Then you can even do more, than only ducker. Open new “sidechain”-request.

Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

+1 on side chain eq/compressor

Profile photo of snugsound
    snugsound
    Participant

Another +1 for sidechain compression. TBH I was kind of surprised this wasn’t included from the get-go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.