DCA quick access for Qu-Pad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions DCA quick access for Qu-Pad

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SLED SLED 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SLED
    SLED
    Participant

In the same way that FX, Groups and Mixes are available on the right-side of the Qu-Pad display, DCAs would be a real benefit here for faster access. Currently, if needing to reassign channels and move a DCA fader, it takes 3-4 user steps to locate and start adjusting, taking you away from the current view. With the quick access on the right calling the DCA fader to the master/focus fader position, you would keep your current view/layer. Example workflow:
    Balancing lead and backing vocal levels with one another, realising the band needs taking down a bit with DCA 2, then wanting to add in a new vocal channel to DCA 1 in reality means leaving the vocal mics/their faders unattended while you switch layers. Although you could locate your DCA fader strips near/next to the input channels, this all uses up screen space. I find the typical outcome is I switch to using Groups instead, which are quicker to access and assign. However, this uses all four groups for Vox, Gtrs, Keys, Drums or similar just for control purposes unless intentionally wanting to process bussed signals. Groups are quite useful to keep aside for parallel processing or something like an ADT bus for guitars etc. hence why I’m trying to free them up again.

On an iPad Pro 12.9 there is plenty of space for this since the app scales, but for smaller iPads it would need to defer the space to groups and mixes. I appreciate this takes the interface of Qu-PAD further away from the physical layout of Q16/24/32 surfaces, but that’s probably not an issue(?).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can add the DCA’s to the custom layers on the QU Pad app.

Profile photo of SLED
    SLED
    Participant

Yes, and I do, but all three custom layers are quite full so at best it involves scrolling one of them across, losing access to e.g. fader 1, when I may be riding that fader while adjusting the DCA for vocals overall.
    The suggestion here is to access them another way, just as we do for FX, Groups and Mixes. This keeps Fader 1 where it is, while bringing the DCA to the focus fader, if that makes sense?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.