CQ18 AUX Sends are TRS Stereo or TRS Mono Balanced?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ18 AUX Sends are TRS Stereo or TRS Mono Balanced?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jaeger28
    jaeger28
    Participant

Hi all,

we’re currently looking for options to have our 6 piece band covered for an in ear solution. CQ18 looks like a very sweet option, but we need stereo for our in ear mixes. Does the CQ18 have Stereo Auxes like the SQ series or are the 6 TRS Monitor outs mono balanced?

If they’re mono, I wonder if we could run 6 Aux for 3 stereo mixes, use the main out for another stereo mix and the two headphone outs for two more independent stereo mixes for a total of 6? Or would that be stretching the capabilities of this unit a bit too far?

Profile photo of MoStyles
    MoStyles
    Participant

Jeager28, I just logged into my CQ20b and verified you have 8 mono outs or you can link 3 stereo from the 6 outputs. (mains are already linked) I also checked the “Alt Out” (only on CQ18B) and headphones are just copies of of these 8 outs / 4 stereo pairs. You can however control these outputs pre or post master faders, EQ, FBA, Compressor, Limitor all independently of the main mix. These mixers should work well as IEM system as long as 8 mono outs or 4 stereo pairs is not a limiting factor. Hope this helps!

Profile photo of jaeger28
    jaeger28
    Participant

These mixers should work well as IEM system as long as 8 mono outs or 4 stereo pairs is not a limiting factor. Hope this helps!

Thank you. We need 6 stereo in ear mixes. So I guess only the SQs do that. Not even the QU-SB is capable of 6 stereo mixes?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Qu-sb with an AR or AB extension rack would do it. Just wondering why they all need to be stereo? Forgive me I’ve come from simpler times and worked with pop and rock bands most of my career!😉

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thank you. We need 6 stereo in ear mixes. So I guess only the SQs do that. Not even the QU-SB is capable of 6 stereo mixes?

The QU-SB will do 6 stereo mixes, you can switch the groups to be stereo mixes/auxes.
    To access the extra outputs you would need a stage box like a AB168 or AR2412.
    The stage box would also give you additional inputs as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.