CQ12 T vs DAW (RECORDING THE VOICE IN LOGIC PRO)

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting CQ12 T vs DAW (RECORDING THE VOICE IN LOGIC PRO)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nevio nevio 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nevio
    nevio
    Participant

Hi,
    recording the voice with Logic Pro I get a very different result from when I record directly on the mixer with a USB stick. Not only is the input gain very low (the waveform is barely visible), but sometimes the sound is metallic, almost robotic. Recording on a USB stick is normal, as is listening with headphones; the problem is, very obviously, in the transition to DAW. I tried changing settings, and even microphone (DPA De Facto, condenser, and Shure SM58, dynamic), but the result is the same. Nothing like this happens when recorded with Apogee Element 24, also on Logic.
    Another problem sometimes encountered (not always) is that of a barely perceptible noise when reciting or singing in front of the microphone, which can also be heard in the recorded file; it has the same tone as my voice, and in fact I can’t hear it if I’m silent. I turn the mixer off and on again and the sound stops appearing, as if by magic.
    Can anyone help me understand?
    Thank you

Nevio

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Hi. I’ve not done any stereo usb stick recording, only multitrack recording onto a SD card, which was fine. I’m assuming the stereo recording will come from the main left/right output bus so is it the channel levels were a bit low or the gains not quite high enough.

Also look at your recording sample rate settings, were they 48k or 96k and is your logic project running at the same sample rate.

Interested to hear more if you have found any issues.

Profile photo of nevio
    nevio
    Participant

Apologies for the late reply, I was busy on a snorkeling tour… Yes, the problem was in the different Sample Rate of Logic and CQ12. I solved the problem by trying different settings between track volume and gain, until I obtained a more than satisfactory recording. Overall, the result is much more satisfactory than when I record with the Apogee Element 24 card, especially due to the possibility that I have of acting directly on the microphone with EQ, Compressor, etc.. Thanks anyway for the reference.
    Nevio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.