Controlling DT168 preamps from DM48

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Controlling DT168 preamps from DM48

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alanpower alanpower 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alanpower
    alanpower
    Participant

I’ve 3 DT168, updated to v1.4.
    I have a DM48 DLive mixrack (firmware v1.93) with no surface.
    I’m using Director 1.93 to control the DM.

Dante Controller says there’s no device to update (everything is up to date).

From Director I can control preamp on channels patched from the mixrack, but no preamp properties are displayed on channels coming from Dante, patched on DT168 ports.
    how can I do that?

the user guide says it’s a matter of firmware. But all the firmware are the last ones.

is it probably a metter of surface? I mean, from Director this is a bug (or it’s still not possible) and from a phisical surface it is possible?

thanks a lot.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Which Dante card are you using in the DM48, and can you confirm the firmware version (product version) of this card too?

alanpower
    Participant

I’m using the Dante 64×64 card (PN is M-DL-DANT64-AX).
    the software DT preamp control (https://www.allen-heath.com/dt-preamp-control) says it’s already a v1.4 firmware, so, nothing to update.
    I saw a strange thing: the Dante Controller says the DTs have a 1.0.4 (not 1.4) Dante firmware version (why this?)

thanks a lot.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

DT Preamp Control displays the preamp control firmware (V1.4).
    Dante Controller displays the Dante firmware product version (V1.0.4).
    Both are correct at the time of writing.
    Does Dante Controller show valid subscriptions (green ticks) for the DT168 to M-DL-DANT64 patch?

alanpower
    Participant

SOLVED
    I had to set all up as bridged mode, not redundancy mode.
    Thanks Nic.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Can I just confirm that DT168 preamps are NOT controllable from dLive via an M-Dante card in a slot adapter?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@senny

Can I just confirm that DT168 preamps are NOT controllable from dLive via an M-Dante card in a slot adapter?

Correct – it is possible to use DT expanders with the older 48kHz only option cards, but you will need to set the DT’s to 48kHz then use the DT Preamp Control app to adjust preamp gain/pad/48V

Thanks,
    Keith.

alanpower
    Participant

Strange but true…
    Sometime the RED GAINs are displayed, sometime not.
    I mean, when the patch is set to a DT168 channel.
    It seems sometime the system reads there are gain control available, sometime the system sees a Norma simple digital input (like a Virtual Sound Card, with no preamp capability).
    Sometime it reads preamps from 1 DT168, not from the other 2.

Really strange.

Since it’s a rehearsal room, I’m temporarily using the DT168 Preamp app, which works fine.
    Anyway, to me this is a bug.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.