Avantis hardware reset

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis hardware reset

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Is there any way to put Avantis into a factory state (hardware reset) while keeping the version up-to-date?

We sometimes receive requests for factory condition at the time of rental.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Would recalling the “default” Show file get you close enough, or are there settings are that not reset with that operation?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

According to the firmware guide, the only settings not changed with a Show file are:

The following settings are not stored in Show memories. These settings are local to the Avantis.
    • Network settings
    • Event logs
    • User Profiles

So recalling the default show file and resetting the network configuration (Config/Network – reset) would be the easiest thing to do. I guess you should also look at the user section to make sure nothing changed there, but I would be shocked if someone used different users in a shot term rental situation.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Thanks.

Is it still the quickest way to load the default Show and reset the parts that are not involved in the Show in a nonchalant manner?

SQ clearly stated how to press [EQ in]+[HF].

https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4402934178961-SQ-Hard-reset

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Try this: https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4402906647057-dLive-Surface-Hard-Reset
    It’s specifically for DLive, but I suspect it will work with Avantis too (although I have not tested it).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.