Assign talkback level to soft rotary SQ6?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Assign talkback level to soft rotary SQ6?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

Just getting into the SQ6 in a church setting. Two weeks in and love it.
    Used to biggish analog desks and some digital ones such as the Behringer X range.

It is early days so we’re still at the finding out new things every day ‘how do you do that – with stuff that hasn’t cropped up yet .
    Today – it was trying a teach a new user and we came to talkback.
    We have it assigned to all stage returns but can’t find a way of setting the level without going into the setup screen or leaning into the mike!
    I tried soft rotaries but couldn’t find it under the assign.
    Am I missing something?
    What do other folk to control talkback level?

Thanks
    Coppo

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Personally, I just set it up once and that’s it.
    It would also be difficult to assess what a change will do on stage without controlling it.
    However, if it is absolutely necessary, you can use a normal input for this.
    Then you have a real luxury Talkback with EQ, Comp and different levels per AUX – and also a remote per Soft Rotaries.

Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

Thanks. We still use floor wedges and did leave it preset during rehearsal and it seemed OK – I just felt uncomfortable without instant level control. In the services the sound level varies widely and I’m concerned trying to pass a subtle message and have it boom out accross the sanctuary during a quiet music bit. (Fred – your bottom E is flat!!!!) When we get the musos set up with ‘sq for me’ (or whatever the app is called) it will be a lot better. IEMs are a way away yet!
    Coppo.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Ah – now I understand. )
    But then you have to go to the talkback screen anyway to select only “Fred” so that everyone else doesn’t hear the quiet criticism. 😉
    Anyway, it seems to me that the matter should come down to using a separate channel – at least that’s how I would do it.
    Then you will even see a real fader and have a much better feeling for the level to “Fred”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.