Adding FX to a channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Adding FX to a channel

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chino_za Chino_za 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chino_za
    Chino_za
    Participant

Hi Guys,

let me first introduce myself. I am from South Africa and have just purchased a Allen & Heath Qu-16c. Super excited and really impressed with the mixer. The one thing I am struggling with a bit is the FX.

What I need for the type of set ups I do is individual FX per channel. I need to add at least 2 FX mixes to a single channel. I know that there are limited amount of pre-loaded Effects. Are there additional effects that can be downloaded and loaded onto the mixer?

Example: I would add reverb Hall Large and add a chorus to it. So can I combine these effects?

Then how would I add this to a selected channel?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hi Chino

There are only 4 effects units in the Qu series of desks. Additionally, on the Qu-16 there are only two “traditional” effects send busses – though you can use two of the mix busses to run effects 3 & 4 if you wish to use them all in this way.

So using the effects send bus, you can send any combination of channels to any effects unit, which will process them all together, and send the mixed result back through the effects return channels.

You can combine effects by sending signal to two effects units at once, or by sending the effects return signal to another effect unit. Depends on how you want it to sound.

Alternatively, each effects unit can be set to receive its input from just one channel, and return it either to the effects return, or back to the channel it came from.

Have a read of pages 55 & 56 of the manual for more info.

Profile photo of Chino_za
    Chino_za
    Participant

Thanks Mark,

have read the manual.

makes sense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.