GLD error, and display freeze, again.

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD error, and display freeze, again.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dancu_george dancu_george 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23882
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

    I got a brand new GLD a few months back. It worked fine for the first three gigs, but tonight the display froze in the “drag & drop”-section, all other buttons seemed to work, but no reaction when trying to use the display. After one minute or two the mixer rebooted by it self, and i found this message (three times) in my log:

    “Bad conversion to boolean for UBYTE with value 0x40 (../../AES-Standards/Convert.cpp:25).”

    This all happened with firmware 1.20. Afterwords i updated to 1.22, but i still get the same error-message.

    Anyone has any idea what it means?

    I am sick and tired of this (and the previous) mixer shutting down on me just the night before a huge gig! This is the third time (twice with the old GLD, and now with the new one). I am freakin’ pissed! I have no replacement for it, and i leave in 5 hours…

    Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34417

    Are you changing firmware versions just prior to shows? That should only be done when you have shop time between shows.

    I have two GLDs and have not had any issue on either.

    2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR84

    #34418
    Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

    Hi , Willy
    Do you use a UPS with the GLD? Digital desk are sensitive for power spikes and sag.
    I recommend using one. Don’t know if in your case that is the problem but i would do it anyway.

    Lieven

    T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

    #34423
    Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

    Willy-

    No freezes here.

    I’m wondering about power,cabling and I/O box issues for you.

    I hope you can solve this in a provable way so that it’s behind you.

    The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

    #34425
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

    I was programming my GLD80 in my home pre-gig and had the touch screen become absolutely unresponsive. Even the buttons to the right of the screen had no effect. I did not wait more than 30 seconds then I simply cut the power. It rebooted, recovered where I was in my programming and worked the rest of the evening.

    It would be helpful if there was a three button press that would reboot that subsystem without loosing power to the rest of the console. Sort of like a “Ctl+Alt+Del” three finger salute windows had.

    I am going to suggest it in the appropriate thread.

    Thanks

    #34427
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

    Are you changing firmware versions just prior to shows? That should only be done when you have shop time between shows.

    @ryan:

    Well, no, I usually don’t…

    The mixer has been on my diningroom table for a couple of weeks, connected to the wall outlet. No stageboxes or extra stuff was connected. I was programming a show for a gig the next day (had firmware v1.20 on the board, and no plan of upgrading until monday), after changing the configuration of the show (removed a MTX and a AUX) a yellow warning-triangle appered in the lower part of the display, and the display froze but all other buttons on the mixer worked. I was not passing audio at this time. Then the mix rebooted it self, and I then upgraded the firmware (1.22). After that i got the same error message, but no display-freeze (though i did not touch the configuration afterwords)…

    Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34428
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by John S

    I was programming my GLD80 in my home pre-gig and had the touch screen become absolutely unresponsive. Even the buttons to the right of the screen had no effect. I did not wait more than 30 seconds then I simply cut the power. It rebooted, recovered where I was in my programming and worked the rest of the evening.

    Hi John S.

    This is the same problem I had with my previous GLD. Sent it to repair, got it back, and the same happened again. No rescue for the mixer both times (showstopper). Then i got a new board from the dealer, which is the one I have trouble with right now…

    Best of luck to you :)
    Personally I am looking towards the Roland M-480… Sick and tired of all the trouble with my GLD, and i use it just by myself, this is not even a rental-mixer… The new one has been out on three gigs so far… But i have to say: the mixer performed on this weekends gig, in spite of the error message. So i was home free, though with an elevated heart-rate :)

    Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34429
    Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Moderator

    Hi Willy, sorry to hear you are having problems.

    To help us investigate your issue can you please open a support ticket and include details of your problem and attach the show file and GLD logs.

    Simon
    A&H

    #34491
    Profile photo of kmoor
    kmoor
    Participant

    I’m having a similar problem. Haven’t had the chance to upgrade to 1.22 yet because of show schedule.

    The screen will lock while I am dropping channels into faders. I’ve had this happen 3 times in the last week and a half. One of the times I did notice that changing fader layers on bank two became sluggish.

    GLD 80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34495
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by kmoor

    I’m having a similar problem. Haven’t had the chance to upgrade to 1.22 yet because of show schedule.

    The screen will lock while I am dropping channels into faders. I’ve had this happen 3 times in the last week and a half. One of the times I did notice that changing fader layers on bank two became sluggish.


    Sorry to hear that you also have problems. Have you made a ticket on the A&H support-site? If not, please do, and send them you logfile. I have been in touch with them since monday, and they are working hard on this problem right now. Maybe your situation and data could help them understand.

    Thanks.

    Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34499
    Profile photo of drb93el
    drb93el
    Participant

    Hi Folks

    I’ve had the same problem. Our GLD80 starting generating lots of log messages, then afterwhile locked-up, had to hard reset. This then happened again.

    We had a Matrix mix sent to the internal USB recorder, but did not have a USB memory stick plugged in. We removed the mix on the patchbay i/o screen and issue ‘seems’ to have gone away.

    Snippet from our logfiles:
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:278)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Bad conversion to boolean for UBYTE with value 0xb (../../AES-Standards/Convert.cpp:25)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:191)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:191)

    Where’s the A&H ticket support URL?

    We’re on firmware v 1.2.0.
    Have a wedding and church service to engineer this weekend, hoping GLD does not freeze!

    Derek Baker
    GLD80 / AR2412 / 2 X AR84

    #34500
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by drb93el

    Hi Folks

    I’ve had the same problem. Our GLD80 starting generating lots of log messages, then afterwhile locked-up, had to hard reset. This then happened again.

    We had a Matrix mix sent to the internal USB recorder, but did not have a USB memory stick plugged in. We removed the mix on the patchbay i/o screen and issue ‘seems’ to have gone away.

    Snippet from our logfiles:
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:278)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Bad conversion to boolean for UBYTE with value 0xb (../../AES-Standards/Convert.cpp:25)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: Flush failed, /dev/ah_usb_dsp, No such device (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:309)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:191)
    Thu Jul 25 21:07:27 2013 :: /dev/ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed (../../iGL/trunk/Common/Audio/USBManager.cpp:191)

    Where’s the A&H ticket support URL?

    We’re on firmware v 1.2.0.
    Have a wedding and church service to engineer this weekend, hoping GLD does not freeze!

    Hi Derek.

    Here is the link to make a ticket (you need to register):
    http://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Core/Default/Index

    Best of luck to you.

    Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

    #34508
    Profile photo of drb93el
    drb93el
    Participant

    Hi Folks

    Upgrading to V1.22 seems to have done the trick. We ran a 2 hour show yesterday with out an error/freezing from the GLD80.

    However. After upgrading we did get a few errors and auto-reboots, in the USBManager.cpp file. Inserting a memory stick in the USB seemed to solve that. We have a matrix mix sent to the USB recorder, Im guessing there’s still an issue with checking if a memory stick is present. Will investigate further.

    Hope everyone’s GLD80 working ok with v 1.22.

    All the best

    Derek Baker
    GLD80 / AR2412 / 2 X AR84

    #34539
    Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

    I checked mine in studio for 2 days, about 4-5 hours of free mixing (get some project on internet and did some test mixing)without problem.
    Version 1.22, no issues except a couple of screen freezing, both times when i plugged the usb pen and press play: after a couple of minutes, the monitor freeze. The USB channels goes directly to the LR bus, no subgroup routing.
    Seems GLD have some trouble eating USB’s :)
    bye

    #34738
    Profile photo of outformator
    outformator
    Participant

    Thanks! I agree this looks like reasonable solution. Already two shows with no problem having memory stick iserted. Will let you know if I face the same problem again.
    Anyways, let me explain my suspicion. What we use for dSnake connection is CAT5 cable foiled but not shielded as it is reccomended. So all the dSnake traffick might stay more susceptible to different interferrences. Does anybody use recommended cables with appropriate lenght and expereience the same prolems?
    Thank you all

    quote:


    Originally posted by drb93el

    Hi Folks

    Upgrading to V1.22 seems to have done the trick. We ran a 2 hour show yesterday with out an error/freezing from the GLD80.

    However. After upgrading we did get a few errors and auto-reboots, in the USBManager.cpp file. Inserting a memory stick in the USB seemed to solve that. We have a matrix mix sent to the USB recorder, Im guessing there’s still an issue with checking if a memory stick is present. Will investigate further.

    Hope everyone’s GLD80 working ok with v 1.22.

    All the best

    Derek Baker
    GLD80 / AR2412 / 2 X AR84


Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.