Editor Account Permissions in v1.5*

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor Account Permissions in v1.5*

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jas@MCF Jas@MCF 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jas@MCF
    Jas@MCF
    Participant

Has the account permissions been carried over when using the editor software?
    I am reluctant to upgrade the firmware as i see that “anyone” that connects to the mixrack can now update the firmware in editor where as before it could only be done using the surface.
    When you connect to the mixrack using the editor it comes up with a screen that you need to log into as you would if you were using the surface but it doesn’t matter which account you use or what permissions you have as they all have full admin rights upon logging in.
    We have 3 accounts enabled on our system, an Admin account that only myself and 1 other person has access to for the purpose of setting account permissions and updating firmware (it used to also be used to change mixrack configurations but that can be done by anyone in the editor), and we have 2 “user” accounts, 1 for the church sound techs and 1 for the school students who sometimes use their laptops to connect to the system to control it from their seat so thet are not stuck up the back on their own.
    I dont like the idea that a school student may try to update the firmware or something.
    So back to my original question… has the surface permissions been carried over to the editor software yet?
    I have read the v1.50 and the v1.51 release notes and i couldn’t find any reference to it.

Thanks

Profile photo of colinso
    colinso
    Participant

Hi Jas,
    User permissions have been added to Editor for the V1.5 release.
    Disabled user options still appear in the menu and on tool bars, but they’re ‘greyed out’ and can’t be selected.

Hope this helps?

Colin A&H

Profile photo of Jas@MCF
    Jas@MCF
    Participant

Yes it does…
    I’ll upgrade the firmware when i get a chance.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.