Limiting IEM

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Limiting IEM

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TrittsRob
    TrittsRob
    Participant

Hi guys, currently awaiting delivery of our new QU 24 so getting excited and doing loads of reading about it. Anyone have any advice on the best way of limiting output to our IEM’s mix. Specifically I want to limit my guitar channel for when I kick down to solo level so it doesn’t blow my ears off. Any advice or best practices welcomed thankyou.

We’re using Shure PSM 300 and 2 x Sennhesier EW300 systems if anyone is curious.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Either burn a channel with a hard limiter for monitoring
    Do outputs have limiters?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

There is a compressor in each mix/group/matrix, can be used as a limiter when compression is set to Inf.

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Specifically I want to limit my guitar channel for when I kick down to solo level so it doesn’t blow my ears off

Hi,
    On the qu-pad app : Set up/ audio/pafl/ there is a pfl trim to adjust your solo level

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I suspect that “solo” in this case refers to playing a guitar solo, not the use of PFL/AFL. πŸ˜‰

Question for OP. If you guitar solos are that much louder than your normal playing, are they not a little overpowering in the mix? πŸ˜€
    Seriously though, you could burn a second guitar channel for monitor use only & set heavy compression/limiting on that – as Bob said.

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

Don’t know your budget…But here I use ME-1’s for most my monitors (Except guest monitors i the control room).

Not super cheap, but less expensive than top of the line hearing aids πŸ™‚

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That’s not necessarily going to help in terms of limiting the volume of the guitar solo and yet still hearing the guitar in normal operations.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.