ZED10FX High Pitched Noise or Hiss with USB connection

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZED10FX High Pitched Noise or Hiss with USB connection

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 63 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Mike 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Putting a DI between the computer headphone out and the mixer should
    take care of noise introduced through that analog connecting.
    I would go with a passive transformer based DI, the amount of true isolation
    with an active DI can vary from DI to DI.

With most DI’s you would need to use the XLR inputs as the DI’s output closer to
    a mic level signal and if you using an active DI you will need phantom power to
    operate the DI, some will take a battery.

The ST1 and ST2 inputs are unbalanced, the channel line input jacks are balanced.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

It’s too much; I’m just going to live with the noise, can’t seem to get rid of it after 4 pages of forum posts. Since the noise isn’t heard on the Zoom call, it’s not getting transmitted via the USB in, so as long as the caller doesn’t hear it, then I just can’t worry about it. It’s annoying to us to hear the whole time, but it seems like a no win situation. Thanks for your help though.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Troubleshooting via an internet forum can be tough.
    Where are you located? Maybe there’s forum member close by
    who could help you with some in person troubleshooting.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

After some private communication with Keith at A&H, he provided me a link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go7mmyaj25I

After watching the video, I ordered the full speed, high current version of the USB Isolator from the company here: https://hifimediy.com/product/usb-isolator-high-current/

And much to my amazement, after connecting the device, the noise was completely eliminated so this problem is finally solved!

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.