Zed R16 doesn't work with MacOs Monterey

Forums Forums Other A&H products Zed R16 doesn't work with MacOs Monterey

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SlupChips
    SlupChips
    Participant

I just bought a new 2021 Macbook Pro (M1 Max) with MacOS Monterey software installed and now I’m unable to connect my Zed R16.

Any idea if the Zed R16 has been discontinued and if it’s incompatible with newer Mac software?

Thank you.

Profile photo of teosorbara
    teosorbara
    Participant

Hi SlupChips,
    I also bought last Mac book Pro M1, and same problem… My ZEDR16 is not reconized by my computer. It’s a real problem and i am thinking about to buy an another audio interface to work and keep my ZED R16 which is a really good console as well.

Allen & Heath please HELP US !!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Both,

The ZED-R16 has been discontinued for a few years now.
    We continued to test and support the drivers for as long as possible, but unfortunately the chipset used for the firewire connection is no longer supported (at a lower level), meaning there will be no more updates beyond the latest (4.3.1 for Mac, 4.2.0 for Windows).

If it’s not possible to keep the working setup and the computer must be updated, then the best option would be something like the RME Digiface which has multiple ADAT ports.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of teosorbara
    teosorbara
    Participant

Hi keith,
    This is so bad for an interface at this price… I think a lot of people are in the same situation.
    I’ll take the adat way to keep it !

Thank you for answer me.

Profile photo of DanH
    DanH
    Participant

Hi
    Would RME Hammerfall DSP Digiface Soundcard/Interface work please?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@DanH

The ZED-R16 8 channel ADAT connectivity is standard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAT_Lightpipe), so anything which supports standard 8 channel 48kHz ADAT can be connected.
    This includes the original RME Digiface you mention 🙂

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.