Yosemite

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JHo JHo 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

So Mac OS X 10.10 was released in October 2014. It’s now June 2015. Do you think we could get an updated editor? Does A&H not have an Apple Developer Connection (ADC) account? It can’t be this hard to get an up-to-date editor. Either put us iLive users out of our misery and cut off support or get organised and do it properly. After all, you’re still advertising the iLive, so the least you can do is support it on current client OSes.

michael.

Profile photo of Kasper027
    Kasper027
    Participant

I use / need the Ilive software too. When will come the new update?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Michael et al,

As stated earlier in this thread, we are working to resolve compatibility with Yosemite. We do have a developer account with Apple but unfortunately the issue with Editor is multifold and part of it is to do with the Java environment. I can’t give a timeframe but rest assured we have a software engineer fully dedicated to this.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

You’re kidding right?? Just one engineer?
    And Apple just let loose “El capitan” due out in the next couple months… Are you actually going to catch up? Or are those of us that invested in this “flagship” system, screwed, and should look to get rid of it, instead of purchasing more…?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Yes, a dedicated engineer, he said. How many engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Profile photo of jkickin2
    jkickin2
    Participant

I am running it fine with Yosemite 10.10.3 and Java 8 update 40. I have to go through the “show package contents” as stated before, but at least works. I hope this helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Is the software laggy on 10.10.3 with java 8?

I’m currently still on 10.10.2 and it is really laggy/glitchy.

jkickin2
    Participant

I am not experiencing a major lagging. There is some slowness to the software and always has been with the software. I am also running a ssd drive on my computer.

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

cool, thanks for the reply, I am also running and ssd but still slow, I’ll try with 10.10.3 and a newer version of java and see what happens!

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Can you please verify with your solution that the Editor opens and displays all 3 options: “Online Surface & Mix Rack” “offline” and the “laptop & mix rack”. I can imagine from your screenshot that you have selected the first option ( as there is no other option displayed)

jkickin2
    Participant

I will not be by the system until next Sunday, but I don’t remember seeing 2 other options. I will verify next Sunday.

Profile photo of North End Sound Inc
    North End Sound Inc
    Participant

I can verify that there seems to be only one option available on my machine when I set it up using jKickin2’s suggested workaround, which is “Online Surface & Mix Rack”

I’m on Yosemite 10.10.3 with Java 8 V45.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of richardcooper22
    richardcooper22
    Participant

So…….

I installed the public beta of El Capitan, fired up Dante Controller, which I had forgotten was Java, installed the version from the pop-up given, then thought about iLive editor. Load it up from Dashboard and would you believe it all three options are back. Unfortunately I don’t have access to an iLive system at the moment to test it, but Offline seems to work!

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander
    Participant

I can confirm that, looks like I will be going right from 10.9 to 10.11 this fall, once everything is released and I’m happy with it’s stability. It would be great if A&H released an update though. There are so many other little things wrong, like the application never being in the foreground that drive me crazy. Oh well.

Alexander

P.S. I tried connecting to a real online iLive iDR-32 and it seemed to work as expected.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

So are we all waiting for El Capitan before we can use Editor properly? Will there ever be support for Yosemite???

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.