Xone DB4 Big Sur

Forums Forums Other A&H products Xone DB4 Big Sur

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kobeats Kobeats 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of doops
    doops
    Participant

Hi, is there going to be any support for the DB4 to run on Big Sur. Due to software no longer running on my Mac I had to purchase a new m1 Mac. Only Big Sur runs on the m1’s so I am now in a position where I can no longer use my mixer. If future support or a work around is not being worked on please can you let me know and I guess I will have to try and sell my beloved mixer as this technically means it is end of line.

thanks,
    Shane.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Pehaps you could buy an old mac with the right software and TURN OFF ALL UPDATES to keep your mixer running !!!!!
    I still have pcs with win98se and winxp to run software you cant get on later versions of win.

Profile photo of FedUpAsWithAH
    FedUpAsWithAH
    Participant

Hi doops, I’m Frustrated and extremely disappointed with Allen and Heath like you. They are coming across like they don’t care about this issue or its customers and as for user “volounteer” why should we all purchase an older Mac ? it’s not our fault! and is not a great reply to doops as the question asked was “Hi, is there going to be any support for the DB4 to run on Big Sur. Due to software no longer running on my Mac?”
    For this question we all still don’t know!

Will there ever been an update?
    Is it totally Impossible?
    Is there a 3rd or 4th party apart from “Polytec” which can make it work?

Apple told me that their was plenty of notice given!

From this why should we trust Allen & Heath ever again. Just look at Pioneer and look at all the update for their products!

Profile photo of yesterdazed
    yesterdazed
    Participant

Hi

@fedupaswithah

totally agree with you! I’m totally dependant on my Xone DB4’s audio interface in my Live and Studio Setup with Mac devices. It is not possible for me to stay on Catalina due to important security issues. And I am totally not ready to just buy an Intel MBP 16inch for an additional 2k € + just for this setup. Additionally i just had to get my DB4 serviced two times in 2020 which cost me 800€ for exchanging PCBs and interface unit.

Please do something A&H and make it possible.

Profile photo of FedUpAsWithAH
    FedUpAsWithAH
    Participant

Even if they made an interface between the DB4 and the Mac. In my eyes that would be a solution but just to throw us and the DB4 in the bin and keep their eyes closed to the situation is not acceptable.
    Some may think that I’m going too far for saying throw the DB4 in the bin. But resale valve because of this now means we have all lost money.

Profile photo of taz
    taz
    Participant

I’ve just got the db4 mixer need help with menu how do use the mic effects on channel 1 to 4 and how do change effects so when i usae the faders and cut them out only channel workers ???? with after affects when cross fader cuts out of fades down

Profile photo of taz
    taz
    Participant

hello folks db4 works ace but how do I change effets to post effects on all channels even if I do select it in menu not working even with reset. DB4 works great on mac for streaming sound is ace 2017 imac with i7 with 3tb 12.2 Monterey

Profile photo of Stylist911
    Stylist911
    Participant

I am just blow away being in this field of computers and hardware to see a company like Allen and Heath brush off their clients like they are right now with the DB4 mixers. I have stuck with them for many years and purchased which I believe could be one of the best mixers I have ever owned. Not only do I love my mixer and it setting me back about 2 thousand dollars, I am used to all the functions and my mixer does not have a scratch on it. I use it for my home system. I do not take this mixer for my performances. I am now left with a very expensive paper weight and more than that a very disgusted feeling in my gut for the lack of care for their customers. I guess I will only purchase from Pioneer now. I hope to god they never do this to us. I have stopped using Samsung for very similar reasons and when I make my mind up its a done deal. I do not go back no matter what they come up with in the future. When you show you do not care about your customers its a done deal. Got me once, never again. Shame on you Allen and Heath.

Profile photo of Stylist911
    Stylist911
    Participant

Let’s start a go fund page for programmers to take the last driver that worked for the mixer and program a rework for Monterey 12.1 We can do it. I would be willing to pay for an update to keep my mixer before I buy next Pioneer device to replace my Allen and Don’t care about your customers Heath.

Profile photo of Xone DJ
    Xone DJ
    Participant

Thanks for the messages,
    Just thought we’d jump in to give some context to the situation here. About a year ago we had confirmation from the third-party driver developer Ploytec, that it is not possible to run the DB4 with Mac latest software and hardware releases. We, therefore, announced that active support for this product now ceases at Catalina with driver 3.49. FYI, this driver will not run on Big Sur or Monterey.
    We would like to add having read some of the comments that it’s more to do with the hardware in DB4 than software, being that the chipset has become outdated and cannot run with Apple’s latest hardware and software platforms. We attempted to find a software solution with our partner for several months to no avail.
    It was with sadness that we discontinued DB4 after a great 10 years in production. Which, for a digital product is pretty decent! However, we do regret to inform customers that we are no longer looking into solutions for support on DB4 and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause to any DB users.

Kind regards,
    The Xone team.

Profile photo of Kobeats
    Kobeats
    Participant

Thanks for replying to this thread.

Is there really no way to make this work? Could we maybe release the firmware to try to open source it?

Or what is the hardware limitation if I may ask?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.