Xone 92 static/crackle

Forums Forums Other A&H products Xone 92 static/crackle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pompeyjim
    Pompeyjim
    Participant

Hi

My xone 92 has recently developed a constant static, crackle/hiss sound. This is present in all ouputs including headphones.

It’s not dependant on any fader or knob and is the same regardless of any fader, knob or button position.

My intial thought is power supply problem (it’s not the power cable or plug socket as I’ve tried multiple).

I’ve included a recording of the sound. Please note I’ve boosted the volume to make it more noticable but it is very noticable at normal volume.

Any help would be appreciated before I send it off to be repaired.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Pompeyjim
    Pompeyjim
    Participant

Edit: I don’t think it is the power supply as the issue almost completely goes away in the headphones when the cue circuit is engaged.

Now I’m thinking it must be something not in the cue circuit…. Filters??

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the message,

Please note; this forum is not the right place to find support with your Xone:92 mixer. Typically, for remote support, you can drop us a line to support@allen-heath.com where our Xone DJ will be happy to help.

However, your issue does sound like a hardware issue, so in this instance you may be better off going direct to our regional distributor in your country and book in with their service department. Contact details can be found via the Where to buy page and selecting a country.

Where to buy | Allen & Heath (allen-heath.com)

Best regards,
    Rafael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.