Xone 92 Gain on zero but still sound out of Mixer

Forums Forums Other A&H products Xone 92 Gain on zero but still sound out of Mixer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dor1904
    dor1904
    Participant

Dear reader,

I sincerely hope this question can be answered as I cannot find an answer on the internet. I bought a (new) Allen & Heath Xone 92 mixer 1 month ago but now discovered something odd. If I fully open the volume fader of one of the channels but I keep the gain at zero, I still hear the music through my main out (mix1). I tried this with all the 4 channels (both line in and phono). For all channels I opened the volume faders and twisted the gain knob all the way to the left. I still hear sound through main out. Is this normal? I thought turning the gain knob all the way to the left should eliminate all sound coming out (even if the volume fader is fully opened).

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dorian

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @dor1904

The ‘LEVEL’ control at the top of each channel provides a -10dB to +10dB trim to optimise the incoming signal before it hits the EQ and the rest of the mixer.
    This is noted in the user guide here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/1623.pdf#page=20&zoom=auto,-214,78 – (#4)

So this is perfectly normal behaviour and it’s only the faders that are designed to cut out the signal completely when fully down.

Thanks!
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.