XLR Mic splitter into AR2412->QU ST3

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions XLR Mic splitter into AR2412->QU ST3

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Davy Davy 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

I am planning to use ST3 on QU as a (dynamic) mic input via AR2412 and need to split that to feed LR of the stereo input, there being no option for L/Mono when using AR2412.

Will a simple parallel wired XLR splitter lead support this well enough or should I go for a transformer based splitter box?

Thanks

Profile photo of JohnK
    JohnK
    Participant

I would think a simply Y cable would work here, provided you do not turn on phantom power on either input channel …

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Why not just make LR mono anyway? On the D Snake patch you have the options of making any output channel LR Pre L, LR Pre R, LR L, LR R, L+R Pre or L+R. You could just pan all your channels to the L and patch your D Snake outputs LR L. Then everything will be mono.

Or you can use one of the mono mix outputs (Mix 1-4) to feed the P.A., making the P.A. mono. Assign all of your channels to one of those mix outputs. Then you wouldn’t have to concern yourself with panning or cables.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If feeding a St input from an AR2412, simply patch the one input to both sides in the desk routing. No need for any splitter cable.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Unless I’m missing something, the option to patch the one input to both sides of ST is not available on a QU (16), just pairs of adjacent odd/even inputs.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

@airickess, thanks, yes the single side method is an option. I think I would prefer not to lose the stereo in this case, even though FOH sound is predominantly mono it’s good to have the option of stereo FX or a (narrow) stereo image.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

@johnk, thanks, I will give this a try, I will not be using phantom there!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“Unless Iā€™m missing something, the option to patch the one input to both sides of ST is not available on a QU (16), just pairs of adjacent odd/even inputs.”

You’re right! I’ve remembered that wrong! Sorry.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

No problem! šŸ™‚

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

I’ve now tested this with a Y-splitter cable and it works fine, a simple cheap solution to gain an extra mic channel!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.