wsg card and server advice for generis set up

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions wsg card and server advice for generis set up

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oli
    oli
    Participant

Hi y’all,

I am sure the answer is somewhere within the maze of the forum but I am tired of looking for the right answer.
    Anyone out there using the WSG3 card with a SQ in a full server set up?, around the 30 input mark? What server do you use? how many plugins do you open safely? where is the limit? How is the latence behaving ( using your ears not the specs from the manufacturer)? What plugins seem to be overloading the stream?
    Thanks a lot community.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

You should be able to use any of their servers. You probably won’t hit it too hard, even with the small one. The most CPU intensive plugins are the H-Verb and H-Delay.

Profile photo of oli
    oli
    Participant

thanks Art.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

I own the Waves SQ a card, and a server (along with cards for other consoles).

It’s a tough question to give a straight answer because it’s so dependent on how comprehensive your plugin needs are.

The “Impact Server” will suit most end users. But if you plan on off-loading all of your reverbs, delays, etc to MultiRack SoundGrid, you may want to go higher as those are quite CPU intensive.

You can also drop your MultiRack SoundGrid sample rate down to 48k which will give you more plugins since your CPU usage drops almost half.

Latency is of no issue with any hardware SoundGrid setup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.