Won't switch between layers

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Won't switch between layers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nate
    Nate
    Participant

QU-16, firmware 1.90. All of the sudden, the mixer is stuck on layer 1 (CH 1-16) and won’t switch to Layer 2 (effects sends and returns). Nor will it switch to custom layer. Tried hard system reset, no luck. Haven’t tried switching layers with QPad yet. Hase anyone else experienced this? Seems like it might be a button issue? Mixer is well cared for and road cased always. Worked fine yesterday in my living room, has not been moved or jostled or anything like that, just didn’t work today upon powering on. Any ideas?

Profile photo of Nate
    Nate
    Participant

I have narrowed this down to the top layer button (for ST1-3, fx returns, etc) is not functional anymore. I found a clumsy work around, by accessing and engaging “custom layer only” on the touch screen, then setting my custom layer to mimic the layer I’m supposed to be able to access with a simple push of a button. It works, but is clumsy and not that great for live mixing when you need to get to this stuff quick like.

I guess the next question is, where do I get a new switch and how do I take the thing apart to solder in the new switch?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can’t switch layers on QuPad it’s an independent control surface…

Not a clue otherwise…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Have you got a can of Air Duster? – Probably worth a quick blast into the dodgy button.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.