Wireless frequency spectrum discussion.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Wireless frequency spectrum discussion.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If any of you especially in the US are interested, a friend of mine is doing a live FB show now the lastTue of each month called Tech Talk.
    Last nights show was extended by a 1/2hr with a rep from Shure discussing the upcoming elimination of the 600MHz band for wireless mics or IEM due to the FCC spectrum auction. Clears up a lot of misunderstandings about it.
    This show discusses industry AV things. You can call in or email questions. I thought some of you folks might want to hear this discussion.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1627179323981960&id=194104460622794

Profile photo of BBEgo
    BBEgo
    Participant

They’re taking the 600mHz range away too now?!
    Man, I’m glad I went digital this year.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yep. All we got left is 400 and 500 and digital. But digital could have problems later. Although it’s digital it still occupies a frequency band. Some are looking back to VHF.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

VHF Gosh I remember those days well!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

What do you mean “looking back”? I’ve got a rack full of VHF and a couple of
    un-racked units that I’ve never stopped using. I did add four UHF units I got on a killer sale and have a dozen units total. And I’ve still got 3 analog desks…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Dick. I meant some manufacturers are considering making new VHF units. Band is lot less congested now.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The Shure ULXD has a VHF frequency band option.

Just had a band carrying a four mic ULXD system, sounded find
    did not seem to have too much range before getting a digital
    burping drop out kind of noise though.
    I have no idea on their on their frequency coordination, what bandwidth
    it was operation in ect.

Oh yea, about half of my wireless equipment is 600mhz!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.