Windows & Android Support

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Windows & Android Support

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 55 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NigelMcQ NigelMcQ 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

iPads/iPhones/iPods are expensive devices, particularly when you already have a device that does everything else in your pocket.

It’s easily several hundred dollars/pounds for a single application…

Basically duplicating what’s already being carried around…

Profile photo of mr.tp
    mr.tp
    Participant
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

still the better app on my phone

https://qu-apps.wieggers.org/

but no development for a long time now

Profile photo of ambulance23
    ambulance23
    Participant

Maybe a option for Allen Heath to update this android app?
    The only app I trust for mixing in a Live situation is the official app from Allen Heath, and not a custom build by a second company.

SteffenR
    Participant

why not?
    try it first… it’s only a remote control, nothing else.
    Cancel Ethernet to stop the app, that easy.

Profile photo of Mike F
    Mike F
    Participant

Why don’t they just build an HTML5-based web interface into the board’s networking? I’ve seen this method used very successfully on a number of hardware designs. It would easily transfer to a sound board environment. Then not only would an app be as simple to make as a basic full-page web browser locked to the board’s IP address, it could be used from a web browser on any platform. It would be pretty much universal and usable on any device that exists now and into the future, with almost no work programming apps for various devices needed.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You’re making the assumption that the mixer runs an operating system, which for GLD and iLive, granted is there. But Qu is entirely its own software from bare metal, and an HTML5 based web server would have to be written especially.

I’m curious how these HTML5 based interfaces compare to native apps, particularly in the response times of both controls and metering.

SteffenR
    Participant

no comment, just a link

https://www.smproaudio.com/umixweb/

it’s a demo until they release the mixers to the public…

SteffenR
    Participant

and by the way… the first companies build android apps for their audio products

Profile photo of Brand
    Brand
    Participant

Can someone clarify to me what does and doesn’t work with this mixer on Windows? When it says no ‘DAW Support’ for windows does that mean I wouldn’t be able to mix tracks digitally from my DAW using MIDI at all on windows? Only mix and capture live sound? Do the motorized faders work on DAW’s when running Windows? I’m new to mixing desks and am very intrigued by this one, but only for a Windows environment.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

steffenromiess: Looks promising, but I couldn’t rely on that demo to determine latency. I’m guessing that those smpro mixers are designed from the ground up around a web server, so we will see. They’ll make a good yardstick for HTML5 when they appear.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

html5 *control* latency should be a non issue, I wouldn’t want to rely on TCP for audio latency, but control is fine.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“When they appear” indeed. I had one of the mini ones on order, originally for delivery in June, as it would cover the “two mics & some PowerPoint” meetings I do quit a bit. Got to December and still no sign of a firm date, so I’ve cancelled that. I suspect Bellringer will actually hit the shops first with a mixer that size/price that has remote control.

I’m guessing the SMPro uMix that was shown (was it at Namm?) last year didn’t really work properly. So while that online demo does look good, its not controlling a real thing yet.

I understand that latency is not the issue for control as it is for audio, but it does still need to be reasonably low and consistent. If I need to mute a mic to stop the bloke saying XXXXXXX then half a second is too slow!

SteffenR
    Participant

it was at MusikMesse and it controlled a real thing, but the uMix at this time was more a technological demo…not all audio features where implemented
    the online demo changed over time, so I guess it’s the actual software what’s online.
    Maybe the problem is to get this software in the mixer …. 🙂

anyway, the concept is still good
    control works with every modern browser…that’s amazing

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, it needs to be low and consistent – but that is achievable, particularly on a local network, control over a VPN tunneled through an openSSL session via the other side of the world is a different matter of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.