Windows & Android Support

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Windows & Android Support

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 55 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NigelMcQ NigelMcQ 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Will there be windows support in the near future?
    And an Android app?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

There is an Android App already programmed by a third party player: https://qu-apps.wieggers.org/

SteffenR
    Participant

Looks interesting

SteffenR
    Participant

no Windows support in the near future

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

is that an official statement from A&H?

SteffenR
    Participant

it’s a statement from Nicola, that’s not official I guess… it’s his knowledge so far
    Maybe he clarifies this sometimes.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

qu app for android has been updated, sure its not as fancy as the Ipod version but I can adjust my monitor without leaving my mains on the qu-16

Profile photo of Rufus
    Rufus
    Participant

Seems silly really. Windows is the dominant platform, and the growth rate of Android is way ahead of iOS.

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

An android app would be awesome! Even if it just did the basics. Being able to adjust your own monitor through your android device / phone would be great!

Profile photo of MatzeX01
    MatzeX01
    Participant

An App for my Windows 8.1 tablet would be awesome!

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

Yep. I agree. Windows and Android need to have the same support. It is crazy that they don’t. It begs the question, why?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Apple devices are pretty uniform whereas Android ones are very diverse – manufacturer/firmware/rooting etc.??
    Most pro-audio manufacturers have favoured Apple devices so far, I’m happy with that!
    Android seems “messy” to me, but that’s just my opinion.
    I’d have to think long and hard before I’d buy a device that was “Android only” compatible TBH.
    I’m sure lots of people have the opposite opinion too:)

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Windows isn’t a dominant platform any more. Certainly not in the world of touch devices.

An offline editor should support Windows and MacOS, but in the fondleslab world windows barely registers as a rounding error globally. (In the same way I’d like a linux offline editor, but it’s going to appear only if trivial).

Sure it’d be nice to have an android app as polished as the iOS app, but which device do you test it on?

I am hoping that they release a ‘mini’mix app for iPhone/android when/after they do multiple IP connections. That’s where multiplatform support is important.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I know latency is not an issue for “our” particular app, but it does explain why audio companies are not, in general, fans of he green robot.

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/androidvoid

Edit – the links not showing – I shall try again.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

404?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.