Windows Playback Speaker Channel Mapping

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Windows Playback Speaker Channel Mapping

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 10 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Wonder if someone can help.
    I’ve installed the window drivers for my QU16 and from my DAW (Reaper) I can select and send to any of the 22 inputs the QU offers through the ASIO driver. All good.

Great I think– this means I can use Foobar2000 or Windows Media player to playback continuity music over USB from my laptop. (This gives me much better quality than running in from the lousy headphone amp on my laptop).
    And yes it does work — Foobar and WMP can see “QU speakers” and playback on them BUT….
    “QU Speakers” are mapped to inputs CH 1 and 2 by default?? And QU Speakers is all I am offered.. my RME gear on the same machine offers Foobar200 all its channels including ADAT as selectable outputs to play on.

Can I change this somehow? What I want is for “QU Speakers” to playback on ST3 (i.e. CH 21/22) not on a channel I’m bound to be taking stage input from during a show..
    Can I change “QU speakers” to play on ST3 or is these some way to allow Foobar etc to see the other channels as my DAW can? I have tried installing the ASIO plug ins for Foobar2000 and Windows Media Player and these did not give me this selection.

Thanks

Andy

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

:-}

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.