Windows DAW Control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Windows DAW Control

This topic contains 52 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wrir Live Sound Guy Wrir Live Sound Guy 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Now configuring the DAW (plus potentially getting more than using the HUI emulation) “sounds great”? That basically was my suggestion from last week where I got my rant for. Shutting up again.

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

I´m following this thread for a longer time now. Are there any News about an estimated time for the Windows DAW Release? What´s the progress level?

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Ive not heard a single word unfortunately. After three months since the DAW Control announcement, I think the problem is much bigger than the MIDI piece. I wish A&H was a bit more transparent about it.

Profile photo of Rufrag
    Rufrag
    Participant

If any of you guys are using Sonar, this guy (link below) has made a fully working bidirectional DAW controller for the QU series.

Profile photo of Rufrag
    Rufrag
    Participant

Dude.. Forgot the link….

Here it is:

https://www.azslow.com/

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

And so, 4 months on, A&H continue with their false advertising. Although I was personally promised updates, I have heard nothing from A&H. We are not talking 4 days or 4 weeks. This has been going on for 4 months! Enough is enough, I am having this looked into.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of FrankieFender
    FrankieFender
    Participant

I work in the technology field, everyone oversells, not that it is right, but they do. Give it some time and they will come through. Maybe next revision. If you bought it for that reason specifically, then I feel for you.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I can appreciate what you are saying. I also work in the technology field. It is however, one thing to oversell (hype), but it is another to state boldly that your product includes a feature that does not in fact exist on your product. To me that falls under false advertising. Shame on A&H!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yep… misleading advertisement…

that is not nice to the customers, I’m waiting for that feature as well

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, please be aware that Windows DAW Control has to offer compatibility for more than just Qu series. This app affects ZED-R16 and GLD also, and has to be supported on operating systems from XP up to Win 10. There has been a considerable amount of work to do to make this compatible with all of these OS incarnations and has taken longer than anticipated because of issues with Win’s handling of Virtual MIDI ports when they are destroyed and created with each session. We have found a solution for this and the app is now in final stages of testing. In fact, it could be ready in as soon as a week providing we don’t encounter some unexpected anomaly.
    As I have said on numerous occasions at the time of release of v1.9 firmware these issues had not yet been found with the early alpha version, but the announcement of it’s introduction had been made. We apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused by the delay, but perpetually bemoaning it’s delay will not unfortunately, expedite it’s availability! Thanks. Harry.

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Hi Harry,

thank´s for your statement about the progress. I know that some things can be take much more time as it was scheduled. As I bought the Qu-32C I decided to buy this product because of it´s quality and Features. I knew that at this time when I got my Mixer there wasn´t planned a DAW Control for Windows while I have all equipment and Software (Cakewalk Platinum) running on a Windows system. But I decided not to go this way in waiting if there will be a DAW Control also for Windows driven computers.

With the announcement in later May this year this got earlier than I have expected 🙂
    Dear Allen&Heath, do tests for this upcomming DAW Control Software as much as you are able. In my opinion I will still waiting longer for a new Feature the we get for our Mixer than I would be unhappy and angry by getting Betasoftware that has many Bugs.

I remember when I got my Korg Kronos 2015. The Software Editor which was designed for the older Kronos products wasn´t compatible. But when the released it about 8 months later it was bugfree and perfect integrated in my Windows System from the first time and is running without any troubles.

I know when I was younger I wanted all at the same time and faster than I thought to want this. Now in my meanwhile longer life I learned to wait for good things. 😉

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

First off, let me just say I am ecstatic that A&H were able to resolve the issues that pushed back the release of the Windows DAW control. Way to go gentlemen.

What I find disturbing however is when a company (any company), refers to their costumers as trolls. This failed and misrepresented release is not the fault of your customers! This is totally on you A&H. You only have yourselves to blame. Since when is telling the truth “trolling”? I don’t know who “Harry A&H” is, but you need to learn to respect those who ultimately put bread on your table. Without customers, your company wouldn’t exist. Does your management team know that this is how you speak to your customers?!? You should be ashamed, really!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Unbelievable…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Believable!
    Offense can only be taken!

Interestingly A & H included in there the ZED R16?
    I know the ZED R16 pretty much inside out and there is no motorisation on that!?
    And it works perfectly in one direction as a controller.
    In fact it is firewire! ?
    Great mixer!
    Maybe A & H are thinking of re-issuing that with USB control?
    Only speculation 😐

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Why XP? No longer supported even by its own vendor…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.