Will this work with dsnake?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Will this work with dsnake?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 24dB
    24dB
    Participant

Cat5 box

cat 5 box

Is supertools the same spec as dsnake? It says it will do AES, I’m hopefully assuming (perhaps wrongly) that if it does, it’s bidirectional.

Thanks in advance, ciao.

Profile photo of 24dB
    24dB
    Participant

Derp, soundtools, not supertools.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

No, that is not a digital interface, all that it does is just use the
    CAT cable as a four channel copper snake cable as a means of transport.

Personally for on stage sub snake usage I still like real snake cable and if needed
    locking multipin connectors.

My D Snake cable to the stage box is out of the way of on stage foot and equipment
    traffic.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

This works with Dsnake if you’re using one of the Allen and Heath boxes that are also made for the GLD.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

This works with Dsnake if you’re using one of the Allen and Heath boxes that are also made for the GLD.

Let’s clear that up bit. The pictured box is not a digital stage box it is merely a pin to sub snake using shielded CAT 5 or 6 as a means of a copper connection.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

dSnake is a protocol by A&H, you are correct the box pictured is just an adapter, there is nothing digital about that box.
    You can use the AR2412, AR84 or the SB168 originally designed for the GLD but made compatible with the newer consoles also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.