Will the GLD series get a refresh?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Will the GLD series get a refresh?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Or will A&H simply let it entropy?

Would like to know if I will be able to replace my console with a GLD3 or will your middle tier go away? There are some features that I must have to mix on my console. If I can transfer my A-D converters and ME1 mixers to a new system and save money I’ll stay with A&H brand. I ask because I hear no rumblings of a GLD refresh of any kind. If I read previous responses to similar questions I interpret it as GLD is mature and no development is being done. I am wondering if the answer is still the same?

Thank you.
    John

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Last thing that i have heart is that next years the gld80 will be replaced with a “budget” dlive.

The GLD and the QU have reached the top of dps capacity.

No more new items, only bugfixing for gld and qu.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

There already is a budget dLive. C Class. Don’t see how they budget it any more without killing d sales. Really very little market for the middle anymore. I lose sales on QU to Midas M32 all day though. It’s only a little more than QU32. I’m really not sure where it needs to go. I use QU’s for small jobs myself and a GLD80 for bigger. I’m doing the TV mix for an upcoming Sara Evans show. 44 mics including MCs and audience pickup. 2 mix to truck and multitracking with Dante to laptop to post mix if I’m not happy with 2 mix. Show to be post edited for playback in Nov. There is where the GLD shines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.