Why usb button but no quick way to change between local and dsnake

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Why usb button but no quick way to change between local and dsnake

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GeddonArchon GeddonArchon 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

I’m just wondering what the thinking was for the usb button. Do people constantly switch between usb and local? In my setup I have pretty much all my local inputs connected and all my dsnake inputs connected and would like a way to quickly change between local and dsnake without selecting the channel, hitting source, local/dsnake and then patch then back to whatever view I want, but I think that is the only way. I can live with it I just think it would be nice to select a channel then have a button for usb, local, or dsnake and it makes me wonder why the usb button functions as it does. It would be nice if I could customize it to change from local to dsnake instead of usb to local/dsnake or whatever it does now.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Create another scene ?

Giga

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@geddonarchon

To answer your question about why there is a dedicated USB<>Local/dSnake key – it’s for virtual soundcheck and studio applications.
    The idea being that you’ve set up your Qu to use either local or remote sockets for the show/venue/session and then you need a way to quickly switch between the ‘live’ inputs and recorded multitracks.
    This is especially useful in a studio setup and using the desk for monitoring mixes, as you need a way when overdubbing to have most inputs using the recorded tracks and only the channel you’re recording being switched to the ‘live’ source.
    All without changing the processing or mix in any way.

For switching between local and remote inputs, it’s presumed you are using different sources and therefore have a different mix, so as Giga says, the quickest way to switch is with different scenes (with or without scene filters if you don’t want to change everything).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I think I can make scenes work for what I want to do. I’d still like a button to switch between usb, local, dsnake, but it is a minor quibble. I’ve owned this mixer for years now and I’m still figuring out the best way to use it and leaning all the features.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.