Why not "Home" ?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Why not "Home" ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

One of the first things that caught my eye, while looking at my new SQ5, was the missing “home”- button. Home-screen used to have the shutdown- tab, whereas now it seems that the only way to get to shutdown is making sure that nothing is selected. This feels a bit silly, checking all layers for a selected channel, before being able to shut down the console… is there a shortcut that Iยดm missing, or is this really the only way “home”?

B.R.
    T.K.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Stonepiano,

You are correct, there is no need for a ‘Home’ screen key as the SQ Home screen contains ‘Shut Down’, ‘Lock’ and a shortcut to the brightness settings.
    These are all functions that do not require quick access so there is no need for a separate key.

However, you do not need to look through all the layers, a quick double tap (to select and deselect) on any channel’s Sel key will get you there faster ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this helps.
    Keith.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Thanks Keith,

That was the trick I was looking for.

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Last time at a festival I had a very nervous guest engineer on my sq-6. He always double clicked on the select buttons of a channel and was really irritated when he lands on the home screen.

In my opinion it would be smarter to acces the home screen via the menue or a soft key instead of the select buttons.

Just my 2cents

Stonepiano
    Participant

I am perfectly happy, and a lot less nervous now that I’m aware of the double- tap, which is actually not that quick, but relaxed… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.