Why no aes ebu on “Standard” mixrack

Forums Forums Other A&H products Why no aes ebu on “Standard” mixrack

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Hey guys, I am wondering:
    Why is there no aes ebu on Any “Standard” allen&heath mixracks?
    But only on the Surfaces? (Including dlive)
    Only “solution” I see here is DX32 rack with M-DOUT card For SQ and avantis?
    When Using un a dlive environment: Can I use a AES3 card in a CDM or DM rack?

If you really needed 2 or 4 aesEBU Channels on a avantis would you:
    Buy additional Hardware?, Use 2 Long xlr cable runs? Or use a xlr to Network cable Adapter to send aes ebu Signals?

Just curious what you think about it or how you solve this.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

On dLive and Avantis you can also use the AES I/O cards. No need of a DX32. They come in different combinations of I/O:

AES3 Cards

There is also a DX012 which gives you 16 AES3 outputs (8 stereo).

Why is it not standard on dLive racks? I guess not everyone uses AES/EBU so why charge the extra cost. Many are switching to Dante and AVB to connect to the PA.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Why is it not standard on dLive racks? I guess not everyone uses AES/EBU so why charge the extra cost. Many are switching to Dante and AVB to connect to the PA.

“Not everyone” uses any of the ports. Except maybe gigaACE, but even with that there are people who run headless systems.

Personally, I’d strongly prefer at least a 2×2 I/O even on the DM0 (for testing purposes if nothing else), but that’s not my call.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.