Why is SQ Control App that bad?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Why is SQ Control App that bad?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrien Andrien 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m coming from an Qu-16 and wondering about that SQ app. I think nearly everything is worse then on Qu Control.
    It even looks much better and clear. Just “copying” the whole Qu Control app would make it so much better… Thanks A&H!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

that’s your opinion… not everybody agree’s

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

From what I’ve seen the SQ app is a lot more advanced than the Qu app. The resizable faders are very nice. The changeable number of faders visible is also a good feature. Both helps working with the app a lot.

If only A&H could get over their stupid policy of giving the apps so few features. This goes for the SQ as well as for dLive. If I see that nearly EVERY feature, function, bell and whistle of the Qu is available on the Qu, I really get pissed. I know this is so people with the Qu SB can still control every aspect, but yet again, come on, A&H, WE buy the more expensive gear and get LESS in that regard? This is just ridiculous. Especially with the SQ, where there is no need to fear the app could replace the surface.

Profile photo of Andrien
    Andrien
    Participant

Well, it happens since GLD series but at least on dLive and GLD you get a desktop apps. I find lack of Mixpad feature a bit weird for SQ case tho, knowing for the fact that it doesn’t have full featured desktop editor as a replacement for routing and fx(at least the SLink auto assignment does help in routing input, tho not much for the output channel).

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

It’s just as weird with dLive. Yes, there is the Director, but running that on a 10″ Windows tablet is horrible and it puts a lot more strain on the WiFi connection. Adjusting the FX while listening in the audience area when you can’t fit the surface their is just as important as changing levels or editing EQ settings.

Profile photo of Andrien
    Andrien
    Participant

At least the Director is not the worst mixing app for Windows Tablet, and being used to GLD Editor on tablet I find Director is quite a leap, though FX editing is no better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.