Who uses the Automatic Mic Mixer?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Who uses the Automatic Mic Mixer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wilts Wilts 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

The QU-32 is a powerful Live mixer but I am having trouble seeing the usefulness of a Automatic Mic Mixer with this console…

I would love to see some High Pass filters incorporated into the Aux EQ’s. Perhaps the ability to un-Link stereo subgroups?

Or the refining of the effects…

This board is very close to being the best in it’s category… A few tweaks and it will be perfect.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

AMM is invaluable where used, but depending on your role you might never see it.

Think about hustings, or a panel show, or debate, or anything where multiple people might speak at the same time..

Profile photo of Wilts
    Wilts
    Participant

As Bob points out, it is really good for situation where multiple people are speaking or could speak.

I would use it more if it were more flexible in it’s application – on a QU32, only having it on channels 1 to 16 is a real pain in a installation set-up where all my team expect channels 1 to 16 to be instruments and vocals. Yes, I could go and change it all but I am hoping that A&H will make the simple software change to allow it to be used on other channels. As mentioned before, having it on banks of 8 channels would be fine – ie say 1-8 and 17-24. Even having it on either 1-16 or 17-32 would be a useful improvement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.