Who succesfully used multiple iOS devices on their SQ mixer in a live gig.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Who succesfully used multiple iOS devices on their SQ mixer in a live gig.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johan Velthuis Johan Velthuis 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

Just out of curiosity. I would like to know who succesfully used multiple remote apps at the same time to control the SQ mixer.

We’ve done some gigs with the SQ mixer, with good results. But it looked like there were many ‘Network loss’ problems when using 2 iPads at the same time.
    I find it difficult to determine if the problems in the router or in the SQ-5. Since my iPad does not have WIFI connection loss.
    Since there’s a musicians app for monitor mixes now, there’s even more network activity.

If you’ve done this succesfully, please state your router/Accesspoint, type of iOS device and how many.

Profile photo of stylos
    stylos
    Participant

Hi Johan,

I have had 7 x musicians using sq4you app controlling in ear monitors plus my ipad running mixpad app successfully with all connections stable, 3rd gig in and all seems good!

sq-5
    dx168
    TP-LINK TL-WR902AC travel router

Profile photo of chibb
    chibb
    Participant

Hi Johan,

Which SQ firmware are you using?

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

@chibb: the most recent available.

I’ve been networking without problems for a view gigs now with an Engenius en500 (which has a very strong transmitter/receiver for several kilometers). Even at 50 meters from the mixer with a 1000 people with phones inbetween i did not notice any network dropouts.
    The downside is, that in the mode I am using it in, it cannot be a DHCP server. So the ios clients need to be configured by hand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.