white Screen after Power-On

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting white Screen after Power-On

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Olli
    Olli
    Participant

Hi,
    everyone had a white Screen after powering on the iLive112?
    After a time we put the Hairdryer at the ventilation, it start up clean.

I think it´s a problem when it´s too “cold” inside.

What can i do? Does anyone have a idea?

sincerelly

Olli

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

Hi Olli,
    Check the power supply to the screen computer. I had the same issue and needed to replace the pcb containing the power supply.
    The smps didnt want to oscillate when it was cold.
    Cheers,
    Darren

Profile photo of HeathMoore
    HeathMoore
    Participant

We have the same problem occasionally with both of our T112 surfaces but never with the R72 surfaces. We operate in Australia and it happens in the middle of our summer as much as winter, day or night so I don’t think temperature has anything to do with it. We simply turn it off and on until it comes good.Not a great option but it gets us out of trouble

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

Heath, see my post above, this is a known problem. TAG over here don’t seem to know about it, but A&H UK do.
    Had 2 modular series here now with the same problem. 5v Power supply to the SBC doesn’t want to start.

Profile photo of HeathMoore
    HeathMoore
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Darren. This is a minor problem in comparison to the problems we have with these things now. Funny that only our 112s have continual issues but we have never had a problem with the R72s. I am at the end of my tether with this stuff now.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Had the same problem on my T112. It was an empty backup battery CR2032 on the main pcb.
    I desoldered and soldered 2 leads with a battery holder.
    Now i can remove the side plate and pop in a new one when i get the white screen.You have to change some screen resolution 600*800 settings in Bios after replacing battery. Attach keyboard and mouse and go into bios settings at startup.
    The battery drains down quickly because the T112 sits in the shop more than it goes out.( i have a pro2C now).Had to change 2 times already.
    Same here ,more problems with the T112 ( screen,battery, had to replace all caps on the switches) then the R72.
    R72/idr48 is my little work horse.
    Think the new generation Q en GLD are better mechanical /component wise.
    ilive is still very configurable setup and the effects are top notch. Whish i had the same effects on my pro2C

Lieven

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.