Which one?..AB168 or AR2412…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Which one?..AB168 or AR2412…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I have read that I can convert groups to mix outs…. Is that not so? Couldnt I use these as an extra mix out for iems…..If so, how would I do that?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, but that’s not dependant on e stagebox (except for the QuPAC/sb which don’t have enough physical outputs natively IIRC.

debzdoodle
    Participant

Sorry – I probably should have re-iterated that I do have the QU-PAC. I had disclosed this when I started this thread but didn’t think to mention it again.
    The AB168 is on its way and I am hoping to be able to use a group to get the extra mix. I might need some help with that if it doesn’t become clear once i get everything connected.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Right – then you should be able to set the group to mix mode (I’m not sure how it’s labelled) and send it to any of the stage box outputs.

The Pac is a 32 in the crippled body of a 16 😉

debzdoodle
    Participant

Yes it is !!…
    I have a QU16 also and love it but I iPad mix mostly and the QU-PAC is just the ticket to leave on stage – small footprint etc. I purchased it for that reason but now would like to be able to expand on its capabilities.
    I have not yet ‘needed’ more than the 16 (or 22-whichever way you look at it) channels it provides but I got close once running sound at an outside festival. I made the QU16 work but a few extra channels would have been nice.
    Now with the AB168, I get the extra channels I need, the extra (group) stereo mix outs and no heavy copper multi core to carry around – Bingo! ….

debzdoodle
    Participant

Just wanted to update. My AB168 arrived yesterday. ‘Hands on’ learning was much simpler than I had imagined – the A&H manuals and reading materials are not very clear IMHO. I should have remembered when I first got my QU16, I learned more by just playing and experimenting with the board than from anything else.

I set up everything very quickly and was able to re-assign a group to a mix and I had 32 channels up and running so all is good.

The AB168 is quite a small footprint – smaller than I had imagined for some reason- which is a bonus.

I’m also looking forward to not having to bring my analog snake to each show – mainly the coiling up at the end of the night. Now…….click, click. I got a nice 50ft Cat5 cable with Neutrik ends for iPad use (QU on stage) and I’ll get a longer one to use at FOH when not using the iPad.

Thank you to everyone who helped and advised me.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.